Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ken Wilson "Mystically Wired"

When I first started reading Ken Wilson's Mystically Wired I was a little skeptical of combining the mystical with Christianity. I had always associated the word "mystical" with psychics and unicorns. But as I continued reading, I was drawn by his ideas of going to a different place with God, and how our minds are created (by God) to reach these different levels.
The first half of the book takes you through an eye opening, slightly mind tiring journey of how science and Christianity can be connected and intercede each other, which I found new and refreshing. Many Christian authors do not even attempt to argue this because of the fine line it leads along.
The second half is a guide to improving your prayer life through the ideas stated in the first half of the book. He gives a few simple prayers that surprisingly help improve the focus of your prayer life.
I enjoyed Wilson's book because it was something new and set apart from your everyday book on Christian prayer. I couldn't wait to make my space to meet with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment