Monday, May 31, 2010

Jesus Manifesto by Leonard Sweet and Frank Viola

In their book Jesus Manifesto, Leonard Sweet and Frank Viola give us a fresh view of the life of Jesus and how He is manifested in everything- from the beautiful mountains of Colorado or the mud in our backyard, to each verse of the New and Old Testament. They encourage their readers to dig down and truly examine their lives and whether Jesus fits into our lives or if we make Jesus our lives. I thought it was interesting to look at my life from this point of view, because it allows the opportunity for you to be a completely different person. If Jesus is in me, and I am living through Jesus, then temptation wouldn't seem so big.

What I enjoyed about this book is that each new point they made convicted me, I found new ways to include Jesus into my life that I had not thought of. It made me realize my utter insignificance alone, and the opportunity for greatness, through Jesus, that I have. It is not about being “Christ-like”, but rather BEING one with Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment